Many people turn to protein shakes when they decide to lose weight, as while losing weight, it is important to have much energy. If not so, these lead to many problems like joint pains that require stem cell therapy. These protein shakes are in various forms, the most common one being the protein powders. This protein powder can either come in ready-to-drink form or be sold in powder form for you to mix with other drinks.
Considering numerous brands available today, finding a high-quality brand that works well for the body is essential when choosing these products. The problem is that not all whey protein powders will work well for your body because of manufacturers’ differences in characteristics and nutritional information.
To help you narrow down your search, here’s what this article has for you:
- Different Types Of Whey Protein Powders
- Native Whey
- How Does Whey Protein Powder Help In Your Weight Loss Program?
- The Basics Of Taking In Whey Protein To Lose Weight
- Wrapping Up!
Different Types Of Whey Protein Powders
There are mainly three whey protein powders for the various types of whey protein powders: concentrate, isolate, and hydrolysate. There is also a fourth form called native whey or “whey as is.” So what exactly are these terms, and how do these affect our health when taking whey protein for weight loss? We will take you through some information about each of them:
This type contains the most amount of fats and carbohydrates and has a relatively weaker protein content. In addition to that, this also contains lactose, so people who have problems digesting dairy products should avoid taking in whey protein supplements from concentrate.
The word “isolate” here means pure, so if you see a product made from isolate, it mainly contains proteins alone without any fats or carbs. The downside of taking these types of powder is that they’re way too expensive compared to other forms; hence not every single weight loss supplement you find on the market today is 100% isolated form.
This type is considered one of the most complex because generally, when hydrolysis, there are two possible processes: either partial, in which a protein is being cleaved into smaller pieces or completely where the entire structure of the protein is being destroyed. Hydrolyzed proteins have been known to have a faster absorption rate than other types, making them a good choice if you need your weight loss supplement to work quickly.
Also known as “whey as is,” is the natural version of whey before any processing has been done. This type consists mainly of lactose and minerals with some vitamins, the least processed form of all whey products.
How Does Whey Protein Powder Help In Your Weight Loss Program?
People who want to lose weight can benefit from taking whey protein powder supplements for various reasons:
- They can help them decrease the number of calories they take in daily by shaking after each meal.
- Whey protein contains leucine which helps keep hunger at bay, so people who want to lose weight tend to feel less hungry when taking this product.
- Taking whey protein powder supplements for weight loss will also fill you up and keep you from craving more food and binge eating.
On average, people eat about 5 pounds of food every three days, approximately 14,000 calories per month! It’s not surprising how some diets may fail due to this lack of self-control regarding food. If you find yourself always complaining that you can’t lose weight despite all your efforts, perhaps you would benefit more from taking whey protein powder supplements for weight loss.
The Basics Of Taking In Whey Protein To Lose Weight
You need to understand, though, that there are no miracle products when it comes to losing weight, so here are the general rules when using whey protein powders for this purpose:
- Never try starving yourself to achieve your goal because this will only slow down your metabolism, making it harder for you to lose weight.
- Drink at least 2-3 liters of water per day, as this will help flush out the unwanted toxins from your body, making room for losing those fats rather quickly.
- Stick to lean proteins such as fish and chicken breast, both of these contain about 150 calories per serving, but still give a lot of protein that our bodies can easily absorb without having to use a lot of energy digesting them.
Remember: too much of anything isn’t good for health, and this applies to taking whey protein powder supplements for weight loss.
Just because you’re taking whey protein every single day doesn’t mean that you will lose weight right away. You need to follow a healthy diet and workout routine as well.
I hope this article was helpful!