Core strength – vital to vitality. The core strength relates to the development of the trunk muscles. They help stabilize and align the trunk and help the body maintain correct posture. The core acts as a control center for most of the functions of the body. Our core muscles help us stay upright.
The muscles of our abdomen, pelvis, and back are majorly associated with our core strength. If our core strength is weak, it can lead to poor posture, which can affect our gross and fine motor skills. It can also affect our breathing and speech ability. The entire area between our upper chest and knees must work properly to create balance, stability, and strength, which is needed for a healthy and productive life; also you can add USANA Healthpak supplement in your lifestyle.
Is it possible to strengthen our core and create the stability and balance needed by our body? Yes, it is. It can be achieved either through the exercises that are planned to activate our core muscles or by taking the supplements that enhance the activity of our core muscles. The great thing is that there are several exercises that one can do at home.
You don’t need any fancy heavy equipment or to go to the gym. Mentioned below are some of those simple exercises that will not even take much of your time:
- Curl up: Lie down with your feet flat on the floor, knees raised, and heels about 12 inches off the floor. With your arms crossed over your chest, lift your torso off the floor until your shoulder blades lift off the floor. It will activate the muscles of the abdomen. Lie down and repeat the action.
- Lateral bridge/side plank: Support your body on the floor in a lateral position. Support your body with your forearm while the other hand is at hip level. Hold for at least a minute and repeat on the other side.
- Plank: Get into a position before doing push-ups. Instead of sinking, keep your hands and feet on the floor. Hold this position for at least a minute. For a more challenging workout, rest on your forearms rather than your arms.
- Toe taps: Lie on the floor with your feet raised and knees bent at 90 degrees, place your hands on the sides of your body with your palms facing down, lowering each foot one at a time, tapping the floor lightly before putting it in raise the starting position. It can be helpful to imagine a thread pulling your belly button down to the floor. The aim is to keep the spine stable and to prevent the lower back from bending.
- Abdominal crunches: Lie on your back on a mat and bend your knees until your feet are about 12 to 18 inches from the tailbone. Place your hands behind your head and exhale as you slowly bend your torso towards your thighs. Continue until your upper back is lifted off the floor. Hold this position for a few seconds. Slowly lower your torso to the floor.
Core muscles play an essential role in protecting your spine. It stabilizes the body, improves posture, balance, and also enhances strength. Training these muscles with resistance exercises can help to improve mobility.
Following are some of the essential supplements one should take in order to strengthen his core.
- Vitamin D: It is essential for the growth and health of bones and muscles. You can easily consume these vitamins in the form of supplements and can buy USANA products on the web. Moreover, vitamin D can be obtained directly from the sun’s rays.
- Protein supplements: The most critical and common supplements are proteins as they are very important for repairing and rebuilding the muscles. If you want to get quality protein supplements, buy USANA products on usana.com.
- Creatinine: These are also very important for our muscles to gain strength and work out efficiently.
- Vitamin C: Collagen is the most popular protein in the body, found in bones, muscles, skin, and tendons. Collagen is destroyed when pressure is put on the body or when a lot of weight is lifted. Free radicals can also develop during intense exercise and cause another outbreak. Adding a daily vitamin C supplement can help to counteract all of this and to achieve a faster recovery rate while protecting your joints at the same time. For supplements, you can buy USANA products online.
- Calcium: Calcium is vital in maintaining healthy bones, which are majorly involved in muscle contractions.
- Fish oils: Fish oil affects all aspects of health. It stimulates the immune system and cognitive functions, reduces the risk of heart disease, prevents muscle breakdown, stimulates muscle growth, and burns fat due to omega-3 fatty acids. These fatty acids are EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid).
Any compatible dietary supplement will help further strengthen bones, rebuild broken cartilage, and reduce inflammation. But the benefits don’t stop there; some of these supplements have health effects too. You can buy from Usana products, such as Healthpak that will help healthy aging.
Getting along with our busy schedules, we often forget about our core health which is very important as it is the part that holds us upright.
By maintaining our core strength, we keep all our muscles in harmony, which leads to a better and stable body. Our core muscles are almost responsible for every type of movement our body does – they allow us to twirl, flex, bend, jump, sit up, extend and simply stand.
The stronger our core is, the better we do all these movements. Core strength is probably the most crucial aspect of your fitness goals. Effective core and core strength can help you integrate your center of gravity over your support base and interact and walk effectively.
Core strength is essential for good posture. And effective stress on the lumbar spine, which ultimately ensures good and effective back health.